Community Group Guide:
Community Group Guide
For the week beginning
September 27, 2020
1. We all experience pain and difficult times in our life. What is the most painful or difficult thing that you have experienced? Did you question God’s love for you during that time? Why or why not?
2. How has God used your difficult situations to bring about good in your life or in the lives of others?
3. What part of this week’s sermon stood out to you or impacted you the most?
1. In John 11:21 and 11:32, both sisters acknowledge that Jesus could have prevented Lazarus’ death. Read John 11:1-7. What is so surprising about Jesus’ delay?
Why should we be mindful of God’s perfect timing when it comes to difficult circumstances?
2. Read John 11:32-37. What does the fact that Jesus wept communicate about him?
In what ways does it comfort you to know that Jesus grieves death?
How does this account serve as an example of how we should respond to those around us who are hurting?
3. Read John 11:41-44. How can we see the promise of both spiritual and physical resurrection in this passage?
In what ways does “resurrection” language apply to us spiritually when we are saved?
Community Group sign-ups are now open for our fall session kicking off the week of September 13, 2020. We are excited to be able to meet again in smaller numbers and continue in the Word in deeper study together. Please see the list of groups being offered this session and complete the form below to sign-up.
WEC Community Groups, Fall Session 2020
Carolyn Terray (Women's Group) - This group will gather on Wednesday evenings via Zoom at 7pm.
Tim & Deana Fauber - This group will gather at the church on Sunday evenings from 6pm-7:15pm.
Tim & Amanda Parsons - This group will gather at the Parsons' home (outside as much as possible) on Friday evenings at 6:30pm.
Adam & Krystal Rastetter (Young Adults) - This group will gather either at the church or via zoom on Friday evenings at 6:30pm.
Steve & Lisa Roby - This group will gather at the Roby's home (outside as much as possible) on Friday evenings at 6:30pm.
Mike & Kim Toone - This group will gather via Facebook Room on Sunday evenings at 6pm.