Series: Spiritual Formation
Title: The Word of God
- The Nature of the Word
- The Purpose of the Word
- The Word focuses us and daily cleanses us
- The Word directs our lives and activities
- The Word brings fruitfulness and blessing to our lives, family, and ministry
- My personal attitude toward the Word
- A practical approach to the Word
1. Did you read the Bible or have it read to you as a child? Adolescent?
2. What is your current approach to reading the Bible? If you don’t read it personally, what is preventing you if you want to?
3. What part of this week’s sermon stood out to you or impacted you the most?
1. Read Psalm 119:1-16. What stands out to you in this psalm? What observations do you make about the importance of the God’s Word?
2. Read Psalm 119:105. What does this mean? How has the Word of God been a “light to your path”?
3. Read Hebrews 4:11-13. What does it mean that the Word of God is “living and active”? According to these verses, why do you think it is important we spend regular time in the Word?
4. Jesus says his words will never pass away (Matthew 24:35) and that Scripture cannot be broken (John 10:35). How can the believer draw encouragement from these truths in a culture that denies the truth of the Bible?
5. Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17. How do we benefit from spending time with God in His Word?
- Pray that your group will be delight in and be spiritually nourished by the Word of God regularly. That you would grow both in love and knowledge of Jesus.
A plan to interact with the Word personally:
• For my personal development and nurture
• A daily time (God needs to be on your day planner)
• A definite time (we have an appt. for everything important )
• A definite place (not to be underestimated)
• A definite plan (reading plan/book)
Possible application questions:
• What is the author’s main point in this passage?
• What is the key verse or word (s) in this passage?
• What does this passage teach me about God?
• What do I not understand about this passage?
• What is this passage specifically asking me to do today to draw closer to God?
Community Groups are set to resume the week of April 25th and run for 10 weeks. There are multiple ways our groups are meeting; online, in the leaders home, or at church.
Please take a moment to review the group listings below and sign up by completing the form.
WEC Community Groups, Spring Session 2021
Carolyn Terray (Women's Group) - This group will gather on Wednesday evenings via Zoom at 7pm.
Tim & Deana Fauber - This group will gather at the church on Sunday evenings from 6pm-7:15pm.
Tim & Amanda Parsons - This group will gather at the Parsons’ home (outside as much as possible) on Friday evenings at 6:30pm.
Adam & Krystal Rastetter (Young Adults) - This group will gather at the church on Friday evenings at 6:30pm.
Steve & Lisa Roby - This group will gather at the Roby's home (outside as much as possible) on Friday evenings at 6:30pm.
Mike & Kim Toone - This group will gather via Zoom on Sunday evenings at 6pm.