Sermons and Study Guides
Miss a week? Click one of the buttons below to view our sermon video archive or listen to previous audio.
You can also download our podcast in the iTunes store under "Waters Edge VB."
The Gospel According to John:
“Jesus' Identity” pt 2
1. Jesus offers living water to all who thirst for true
righteousness. (vv. 37-39)
2. People will be divided over Jesus. (vv. 40-44)
3. Hearing Jesus changes people. (vv. 45-53)
1. Describe the time when you were the thirstiest you have ever been. What did you desire most?
2. Is there division among your family and friends over Jesus. How so?
3. What part of this week’s sermon stood out to you or impacted you the most?
1. Read John 7:37-39. What does John say living water refers to? How does the Spirit function in the life of a believer today?
Jesus offered the Samaritan woman living water in John 4. Read John 4:10-14. How do these two passages illuminate one another?
2. Read John 7:40-44. What were the people divided over? How so?
In what ways are people divided over Jesus today?
3. Read John 7:45-53. What do you think about the interaction between the Pharisees and the officers who were supposed to arrest Jesus?
Verse 50 mentions Nicodemus, “who had gone to him before.” What do you recall from Nicodemus’ initial interaction with Jesus (John chapter 3)?
How do you think that interaction influenced Nicodemus’ words recorded in John 7:51? What do you think he expects to happen?